Thursday, October 4, 2007

Soapbox for Two, Justice for One

I have had a rather trying week at work; Trying my patience, my confidence, my humility, and my willpower. I have wanted to give up on my morals, throw in the towel and walk out. I have cried more times than I’d like to admit (and in front of people I have no choice but to see again). But tonight, as the rain falls heavy on my window and feeds the ground below, so too does it cleanse my feelings of doubt, my questions of sanity, and my bruised temperament.


I am proud of myself; In this haunting month of October, I stood up to a monster. I looked her in the eye, and said “No more.” She simply rolled those slimey eyes, cackled, and trotted away - seemingly unharmed….But for just one instant, I saw the beasts' tail between her legs…and she wimpered… for JUST ONE MOMENT.

For that I am proud.


"Justice consists not in being neutral between right and wrong, but in finding out the right and upholding it, wherever found, against the wrong." Theodore Roosevelt

1 comment:

SWTrigal said...

You rock kiddo!
Love you!