Saturday, January 19, 2008

Like a horsefly on the wall...

So another fabulous weekend away with Eric! We wanted to spend more time with Heidi & Jack after a quick visit on the way home from the St. James, so we decided to weekend in Taos! Eric had a pretty stressful week, so I decided to book us a room at the El Monte Sagrado Resort. You seriously need to check this place out!! www.elmontesagrado.com. We stayed in the “Painted Horse” Casita (I’ll get to the name later). Here is a pic of the room:
Needless to say, it was exactly what we needed to relax! As soon as you walk in they have calming music playing on their Bose sound system. We had some time before meeting up with Heidi, so we got a nice bottle of wine and relaxed to tranquil music and the cozy atmosphere…at least until I noticed the eerie painting in the room.
The room is named the Painted Horse because there is a very large painting of horses on the far wall. Now - I hope the room is named after the right horse because he does, indeed, look very calm and serene. However, the disturbing part is the horse on the left. He is biting - BITING - the calm horse… Not kissing, or nudging - BITING! All the while he is staring directly at you…or me as it was and this made me quite uneasy… I asked Eric to take a photograph with the angry painting. Here it is:

Every time I looked at the picture I couldn’t help but laugh that something so unsettling could be in such a magical room. Strange thing is, I kinda miss the painting - and I would perhaps stay in that room again JUST FOR the painted horse! Anyways - the Eggs Benedict is wonderful there too! I would suggest getting it with the tomato and avocado added.

It was wonderful visiting with Heidi, Jack, Avery, and the cats! They were very hospitable and Jack is always a wonderful cook! We had a great time at Joseph’s Table, too. Unfortunately, nothing went as I planned it to; Jack was unable to be our waiter, they didn’t have my Kale and Sashimi, and they didn’t have my main course….Not even one course had the mashed sweet potatoes! Luckily, and very generously, Joe, the chef, made some special just for me!


Wonderful weekend and what a wonderful start to the New Year! Now I just need to find a better environment to work in, and I will be set!




Bye!




1 comment:

becoloradogirl said...

Is this an annual blog? :-)